"Dance like nobody is watching"
BEFORE GRACING YOUR TV AND FILM SCREENS, MAMA HAD A WHOLE DANCING CAREER!
· Ballet Hispanico of New York
. Original cast of the Metropolitan Opera “The Magic Flute”, directed by Julie Taymor.
. Dance Captain of the Off Broadway production of “La Barberia”
· HOLA Award for Outstanding Choreography in "Captain Pantoja and the Special
. Performed alongside musical theatre stars such as Lillias White, Euan Morton and
Kevin Gray at the 2009 FIFA Congress in the Bahamas.
. Original Cast “Celia”, Off Broadway and Tours: Miami and Madrid.
· Toured with internationals tropical music singers Manny Manuel, Jerry Rivera
and Grammy Award Winner Olga Tañon.
Spanish Repertory Theatre
· Choreographed “Captain Pantoja and the Special Service” directed by Jorge Ali Triana.
· Assistant Choreographer for “Gardel” directed by Lynnette Salas. Based in the life
the great Argentinean Tango Singer, Carlos Gardel.
Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre
· Choreographed “Fiesta of Words and Music” directed by Jose Zayas. The piece included dance styles
of Jazz, Hip Hop, Salsa and Bomba. Performed with Live Music.
FELT (Female Experimental Latino Theatre)
· Choreographed “Screaming in Silence” directed by Gloria Zelaya. Performed with Live Music. HOLA Award
winner for Outstanding Choreography.
Raul Julia Training Unit, PRTT
· Taught and choreographed in the disciplines of Jazz, Hip Hop, Salsa, Merengue and Ballet to beginner and
Ballet Hispanico of New York, directed by Tina Ramirez
· Toured and taught throughout the United States with the company.
School for the Performing Arts, San Juan, PR. Directed by Waldo Gonzalez.
· Taught children and adults the disciplines of Ballet, Jazz, Flamenco and Hip Hop at intermediate and advance